Tired
Today I am tired.
Tired of reading,
of eating,
of sitting,
of standing,
of talking.
Tired of waiting,
of listening,
of hearing,
of writing..
I want to curl up in a ball and sleep,
for daysssss.
What brings this deep desire of rest? Have I not been resting, relaxing?
Then I remember what I have forgotten, I have not rested in His Word lately. I have not allowed him to carry my fears away or give me wisdom to share with others. He has not been able to creep into the dark corners of my mind and rid me of the deceptions and sorrows I have been taking in while reading, eating, sitting, standing, talking, waiting, listening, hearing and writing.
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken."
-Psalm 62:5-6
I need to rest in HIM.
I am CRAVING His rest.
I can sit, sleep, relax all I want but until I give it up to Him and let Him fill me with His peace and restoration I will never be satisfied.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
-Matt 11:28-29
The more I push it off, and keep myself busy with the ways of the world - always going, always doing - the more I grow tired, and need Him.
"What does a man get for all the toil and anxious striving with which he labors under the sun? All his days his work is pain and grief; even at night his mind does not rest. This too is meaningless.
A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God"
-Ecc 2:22-24
I am returning to my recipe book,
so that I may feast on the Goodness of our God
who promises to restore us
when we come to Him.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
-Matthew 11:28




Comments