Fishing in the rain...
Its cackle always gives a chill.
Its presence it is never still.
Only One knows just what it’s doing.
what it has planned for me.
When He is near.
there's no more fear.
In His love I always see.
Come Lord, electrify me,
Lost in a trance,
come Holy Spirit make me dance.
Even though I fear it,
like a child when it storms
I'm trusting in your Spirit
as my new heart forms.
Like lightning that cleans the air,
purify my soul.
Only you can make me whole.
wash me in the rain.
Come Lord bring your curing.
I don't wanna feel this pain.
It has been a year of growth. Starting the way great things do, after an extremely low moment where
I questioned everything I thought I knew. Instead of giving up I chose to find answers... my treck began with the devotional study and videos of Beth Moore's "Living Beyond Yourself." The devotional helped me to learn to see God in the large and
small things. As I ask questions about my faith, and other beliefs, I am requesting that the Lord to reveal himself to me in ways that make His existence undeniable.
He has been faithful, and I enjoy His sharing.
I consider my
relationship with God different than most other people, as any personal relationship
should be. It is unusual, and intimate. (But then again there are not many things that are "usual" about me...) This year my faith has
truly become my own, not some mere custom I adopted from my parents or my culture, but a
reality of my personal inquisition and findings. I have truly discovered that he is not only my father and
friend but also my teacher of compassion, wisdom, humility, ideas, recipes (YES
recipes!), and jokes.
This has been a long, hard, year. I take confidence in knowing that,
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however,
it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been
trained by it" (Heb. 12:10-12).
He is keeping me humble, and I am loving it for, I realize it is in my
humility that He can truly lead me down the path of goodness.
So, I will let these storms roll as I learn to trust in His power, strength,
and will. After all, I always did like fishing in the rain...
"through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."
-Romans 5:2-4

Comments