"You are not alone"
"You are not alone."
Four simple words.
I do not know why He told me to tell him,
all I know is I almost didn't.
Even before I looked up to see my friend, Casey, approaching Hillsdale Free Methodist's alter during their weekly prayer alter call I felt the Spirit calling me to it for my own humbling. Once I noticed him walking up the isle I knew the internal inkling telling me to wait was God. However, I did not know it was because He was going to show me something special, that He was going to bless me with the ability to be His mouth that morning...
I did not know why Casey needed prayers, but I prayed anyways. The same prayer I was praying for myself.
The entire time I felt something inside of me saying, "tell him 'you are not alone.'"
As the song ended and Pastor Dave finished the prayer, I almost let him walk away without letting the words come out.
As Casey stood up to thank me for my praying over him I whispered,
"You are not alone."
He let out an unsteady grin and we walked to the back of the church and were about to go our separate ways to our seats when Casey said, "You know it is really funny you said that.. That is really weird."
I laughed inside and responded,
"I do not even know why I said it, He (pointing up) told me to."
Isn't it the truth, we often feel so alone in our lives.
We believe our plates are empty,
like no one understands, no one is there.
This past summer God has shown up in amazing ways.
By slowing me down, I learned to look at my past and notice the blessings I had overlooked.
The people helping me along the way that I have not given credit.
Sparking conversations with a new friend made me realize how many wonderful deep-rooted ones I have.
How I need to take advantage of
every moment
I have with them, encouraging them, letting them encourage me.
He showed me my plate was not empty.
But full.
It is easy to lock ourselves up and get lost in our own agendas.
Taking in other people's worries but allowing our own selves to be vulnerable.
God wants to show us the wonders of community.
Truly caring.
Really sharing.
Salmon,
it can be tasty on its own.
but if you add the right marinade,
and accompany it with some good side dishes
the tasty solo salmon becomes a nutritious and delicious meal.
Without the sides you could feel satisfied but after some time you would not be getting the full nutrition you need to properly sustain yourself. You need the side starch and nutrients found in the sweet potato and corn too.
Then sometimes God just decides to show off by placing you in his masterpiece of a world as you enjoy the dinner before you.
And to think, you could of just had the salmon...
all alone...
I encourage you to not pass up a moment you feel is God internally encouraging you.
You could change the course of someone's life for the better.
Let God work through you.
He wants to.
Will you let Him?
"Oh Father, forgive me when I am afraid to carry out your internal promptings. Take my life and make it all that you want it to be. Allow me to draw closer to you by trusting in your Spirit within me. Help me to have the courage to be your hands, feet, and mouth here on this earth. Let me love like you do so that I can be fully nourished and allow others to be too. Thank you for the friends and mentors you have given me throughout my life. Bless them and keep them safe. Thank you for reminding me we are not alone. You are Good. In your precious Son's name, Jesus, Amen."











Comments