Simply, Slowly, Trusting.

 Slow down
"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Pslam 37:4
Enjoy the natural beauty around you.
"You who are simple, gain prudence"
- Proverbs 8:5a
Then you can see the blessings already in your lives.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding; 
 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight."
-Proverbs 3:5-6
I am slowing down today.
"Praise the Lord, my soul.
 I will praise the Lord all my life;
    I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Do not put your trust in princes,
    in human beings, who cannot save.
When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
    on that very day their plans come to nothing.  
 Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
    whose hope is in the Lord their God.
He is the Maker of heaven and earth,
    the sea, and everything in them—
    he remains faithful forever."
-Psalm 146:1b-6

Enjoying creation
Family
Friends
Love
and a God who never fails.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
-Romans 15:13
He knows what my future holds.
He knows what I need.
Who I need.
When I need it.

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service."
-1 Timothy 1:12 
Thank you Lord, for giving me what I need, not what I want.
For knowing me better than I know myself.
Thank you for saying no to things that looked good at the time but would have hurt me down the road. 

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance"
-2 Peter 3:9

So today I am slowing down, trusting him to open the doors that need to be open, and closing the ones that need to be closed.
 "So let my lord go on ahead of his servant, while I move along slowly at the pace of the flocks and herds before me and the pace of the children..."
-Genesis 33:14a

That does not mean I am not going to continue moving forward pursuing my goals, rather I have faith in Him to guide my strides as I slow down from this race of life, and follow His path toward complete fulfillment and love. 
"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 Love never fails."
-1 Corinthians 13:6-8a

Comments

Popular Posts