Light together, not alone...
The quiet whisper from the lying tongue hits.
You do not know what to do.
Accept his inception or remember the Truth?
When loneliness hits, it often hits hard. The thought that we are
alone, no one cares, and that we do not matter. Humans desire for a
purpose. We want our lives to have meaning, to make a difference.
It hit me today, loneliness, the rush of sadness came out of nowhere and almost instantly overtook me. At first I was overwhelmed, about ready to
give-in to the lie that no one cares for me and I have no direction in this world. I started to feel the
heaviness in the back of my throat well up. I prepared myself to hold
back the tears that I knew would desire to follow. I started to feel bad
for myself...haha, me who has great friends, a loving supportive family, and a
God who died for me and only asks for faith.
Then I stopped rewound my thoughts to the last sentence that ran through my head; I am NOT alone, I DO matter, I CAN make a
difference. I have GREAT friends, a LOVING SUPPORTIVE family, and a God WHO DIED FOR ME!!! and ONLY ASKS FOR FAITH in return.
So where do these feelings come from? Why did I feel this way? I
have always been a loner, never afraid to do things on my own. In fact
most of the time I prefer it that way. Somewhere I picked up the notion
that if I do not do it all by myself then I have accomplished nothing.
That I was weak in relying, or asking others for help. Isn't that a
joke?! God specifically tells us we NEED others.
"These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."
-Hebrews 11:39-49
Yes, sometimes we are to draw away and have one-on-one time with God but to
much solitude can leave us feeling incomplete, and unsatisfied with the lives we are
living (Luke 5:16) . Yes, God is enough, but God is in everyone so to
completely receive the fullness of Him we must interact with others because He
is in them. He specifically says it is not good for man to be alone, that
is why he made Eve for Adam (Gen 2:18-22). In addition, when Jesus sent out the twelve
it does not say he sent them out one by one but two by two (Mark 6:7). He
knows we need companionship.
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but
encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
-Hebrews 10:24-25
So when this feeling hits what do we do? We call up friends, family, people.
Why? Well because just sitting around feeling lonely is only going to
make us just that..alone.
We must act, we must do.
Maybe our
emotion of loneliness was allowed so that we can help someone else feeling
lonely know that they are not alone either, but loved, by God and us. So,
the next time you feel that wave coming on, and you begin to forget you are not
alone. Fight it, call someone, call me. I would love to share some
time with you. I'd love to hear your desires, fears, beliefs, your
story.
Let's share life, cause we are all in this together.
"Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need."
-Acts 2:43-45







Comments