All because of you...
Guess who's birthday is today...
The woman who taught me everything I know..
including how to prepare a delicious meal...
Today is my mother's birthday.
"Rather, it should be
that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet
spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in
God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own
husbands, like Sarah,
who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you
do what is right and do not give way to fear."
-1 Peter 3:4-6
-1 Peter 3:4-6
Growing up mom always made sure we started off right. She woke up every weekday morning to wake us up for school. To then head upstairs and prepare whatever breakfast we requested. Following breakfast she and my father led us in daily devotions, setting an example of how, together, Christian parents should lead their children to better understand Christ. She honored my father, and helped lead Him to Christ so that he could then better lead her and my family.
She encourages me to seek God with all my heart, and to share the joy I found in Him with all the world.
She is a pillar of service, strength and sacrifice.
"My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching."
-Proverbs 6:20
Even when we were brats she was there to love and encourage my brothers and I.
Sorry for all the grief mom..I love you! :)
"The proverbs of Solomon: A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son brings grief to his mother."
-Proverbs 10:1
The sign above says it all, she was supportive, loving, encouraging and wise.
Many of the things I love are from her including my love for science, food...
football...
writing Christmas cards and relaxing.
She's been a real trooper with my friends and I...taking us on Spring Breaks.
Thanks mom, for always being there to help me in school, and life.
You deserve the best birthday ever. I do know know why I was blessed to be placed in your family but I am eternally thankful that God knew exactly what I needed in a mother. You are beautiful, determined, wise and compassionate. Thank you for setting a Godly example and never giving up.
"Turn to me and have mercy on me; show your strength in behalf of your servant; save me, because I serve you just as my mother did."
-Psalm 86:16
"...may she who gave you birth be joyful!"
-Proverbs 23:25 b





Comments