Happy Birthday Daddy!

"Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord."
Colassians 3:20

A little over 20years ago I was blessed into the hands of Paul David File.  As a young girl I enjoyed riding in the passenger seat with him in his farm truck on our way to the combine, only to sit for hours as he skillfully picked the tall rows of  dark green corn.  Whether having long silly talks about protective father's and their pet monkey's or a funny talking salesmen selling New Blue Cheer Dad always had some joke to share, and they never got old no matter how many times I heard them.  Tractor and truck rides are a memory I will always cherish.
As we grew older dad's profession changed, instead of riding in the passenger seat to the fields, I rode to the John Deere Equipment Sales business he worked for.  The memories I compiled running around the lot, up and down the giant tractors and combines, or browsing through the new Breyer Horses in the children's section, desiring to have as many horses as Ali Wagner.  :)  With yet another profession change, now I enjoy driving him around from property to property for his realestate sales.  Just spending time with dad in the car never gets old.
 On his days off he'd take me fishing, and we'd talk about life, and how school was going as I handed him the end of my line to re-worm my hook, not quite sure if I was okay with touching a worm, but 100% game for getting the fish off.  I still am amazed that a tiny worm creeps me out more than a wiggly slimy fish.  
Wanting to make sure we started our day off with God's guidance, dad led us every morning in devotions while mom cooked breakfast.

"The living, the living—they praise you,
   as I am doing today;
parents tell their children
   about your faithfulness."
-Isaiah 38:19

On Sundays dad got us together to head to church.  He set an example of how to worship, follow, and pray to God for us each week at church.  Making sure we understood, God came first, and that you give 10% off the top of what you earn.  
My dad is my best friend.  He is the earthly gift God gave me to guide me and encourage me. 

thanks for all the tailgates dad!
My dad is my knight in shining armor.  He protects me, encourages me, and saves me from making silly decisions and allowing the ways of this world to influence me.
He is by no means perfect, but none of us are.  I learn from his achievements and failures.  I love him for his goofy jokes, and for his strict manner. 
He has given me a love for fishing, camping, the outdoors, and cooking.
He has taught me to give not only my time to others, but my financial blessings too.

I am blessed to have a father who sets an example of how to follow Christ
That encourages me to pursue my dreams
A Godly man who sets the standard for a future husband.
"Children’s children are a crown to the aged,
   and parents are the pride of their children." 
-Proverbs 17:6

Comments

This post is going to make your daddy tear up.

Popular Posts