The colors of change are present here.

 The colors of change are present here
the news of all my current fears
with the fall there comes a chill
now in your eyes I find no thrill
two people so completely bound
now walk on by without a sound

The colors of change are present here
with future plans still so unclear
with the wind there comes a thrill
as leaves of amber fall to the ground
a brand new hope becomes unwound

This week is beautiful.  
Warm, sunny, autumn.
However for some reason things are just a bit off.  I am loosing my drive...  I wrote the first stanza of the poem above my freshman year of college. when more changes than I could have prepared for were arising.  God took care of me though, in fact He made me better than before.  The second one I wrote today as change seems to be looming ahead.  Fall always reminds me that we are always growing, changing, and our futures are never definate.  All we can do is handle the task in front of us and pursue the vision we can currently see.  All the while knowing God may give us new information tomorrow that completely changes our plan.  I have been trying to plan my life to far ahead. 

I need to give up to God.
Pray that He will show me the way,
and that I will walk in it.

Sometimes we just need to slow down,
sit on the hill
and watch the amber, and rosewood leaves rain down.
as their shadows dance with the sunlight.
I wish I could have caught the leaves falling.  Sometimes we miss our chances because we are to busy worrying about own agenda, or our current problems.  When the leaves were falling, I was distracted by my worldly struggles.  
I do not want to miss God's beauty because I am to caught up in me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Olivia, I did not realize you had a blog! I definitely agree that sometimes we just need to take a moment and revel in the beauty that surrounds us. Hope things look up for you, dear.
Lots of love,
Elizabeth Hamilton

Popular Posts