Somethings New, Something Different..


Thursdays are my favorite morning of the week.
I enjoy waking up knowing that today I have no obligations until the afternoon.
With that time I create my favorite meal.

If you have seen my recipe index in my online bookmarks you know that I not only loveeee breakfast, but pancakes too.

Most Thursday mornings start off with some type of pancakes,
blueberry
buttermilk
oatmeal
corn
carrot cake
raspberry
So many options.. 
:D

There is something in our nature that does not want to try unfamiliar things.  We enjoy knowing the results of the task at hand.  Taking pleasure in knowing we are secure with our decision because we have done it before and everything went well. 

For me making changes is not something I really think about, I contemplate the new idea for a matter of seconds then put it to action, or forget it, almost completely, and continue on the path I have been traveling
This morning I took a chance, I made something I've never made.. and boy am I glad I did.
Raspberry Baked Oatmeal is for sure bumping Raspberry Carrot Cake Pancakes from their top spot.
They were sour, sweet, warm, chewy, gooey goodness.
 yummmy :)
Raspberry Oatmeal Pancake
I could have stuck with some boring Raspberry Pancake for the 3rd Thursday in a row, but I am glad I took a venture.
Deciding to go to India this summer was one thing I  DID think about,  contemplating missions in Asia not for a mere couple of seconds but years.  Dreaming of doing missions in Asia since childhood, this was a dream come true.   
Sometimes we do not know why the choices we make for change.. no matter how daunting or difficult.. bump our old views of life out of their top spots and replace them.  
I did not expect India to be hard or scary, but it was the hardest scariest adventure I have ever been on.  India was not where I thought I wanted to do missions, but being open to going there and experiencing their culture definitely made me think more about it. 

You see my change was not necessarily in where I want to do missions, but how I go about making decisions.  Being more open to what I have not thought about or tried.  Also, understanding that something I have considered, may not be what I anticipate, and that is okay because I will have great stories from the journey.  Often the unexpected, and frightening moments of life become our favorite and most memorable.  They leave there imprints on our lives, stretch and strengthen us. 
God longs for us to try new things.  To prepare our hearts for the changes He desires to make.  He leads us down one road only to turn us to the hidden new exciting ones.  However, if we are not open to Him, we will miss our turn.
We need to wake up every morning ready to hear Him, see Him, and feel Him in our hearts and minds.  Otherwise, we may miss the new sour, sweet, warm n chewy, good goodness "Baked Oatmeal." 
Let us open our doors to the new good God has for us, He is waiting for us to tell Him our desires.  He is inside the door waiting to let us in.

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
-Luke 11: 9-10
It was "scrape-the-bottom" good :)

Comments

haley marie said…
Well I'm very glad that I decided to read your blog for my bed time story :) lovely job liv, not so much in trying new things that worries me, because everyone knows I'm a risk taker...but sometimes I think that can be scary too, because its very hard for me to say no, :/ anywho, when I come visit you in about a month I would love to try the new oatmeal, oh and I loved the pictures went perfect with your story :) love you.

Popular Posts