Sometimes in our lives, we all have pain, we all have sorrowwww...

                Since I have been in India, I am pretty sure I have struggled to sleep soundly through the night.  I prayed nightly to God for a sound sleep and wake feeling rested.  Instead, I either woke in fear, discomfort, multiple times to go to the bathroom, or because of weird dreams.  Yesterday, a friend, Gene, from home who was in India last week sent a message to me.  While together, I had shared with him the uneasiness I was experiencing in being at Bethel alone, especially at night.  In his message he knew I would probably be receiving the message around bedtime so he prayed that I would sleep soundly…well to put it exactly, “like a baby” haha 
Papa Gene :)
                Realizing that a big part of God allowing me to visit India was to discover for myself the importance of fellowship with other believers.  We are all a part of One Body, and together we are much stronger than alone. I often try to do everything unaided and believing I will be “stronger” if I accomplish it alone.  Many times I just end up weary and upset, unable to finish and feeling defeated.  I forgot the importance of being encouraged by others, that sometimes we do NOT possess the strength to do it on our own, and allowing someone to help us does NOT mean giving up.  Rather, it humbles us and allows us to grow WITH someone else.  And learning something with someone else is a wonderful time to construct real relationship.  We need to surround ourselves with others who lift us up, because we often stumble and fall into the pit of the “ways of the world.”
  Real friends tell you when you ARE making dumb decisions.  Really good friends tell you when you are ABOUT to make a dumb decision. 
                Long story short, not only was Gene praying that I sleep well last night, but my mother, and friends back home.  God answered our prayers, for not only did I wake up refreshed but also He blessed me with pleasant dreams.  I was astonished that God answered such a simple prayer.  God wants us to feel content.  Sometimes it takes one believer, but sometimes it takes a team.  God likes when we pray for one another, it means we care for His children, just as he does. 
the female part of the GCC India Arts Team 2011 and I
I encourage you to pray for others today, as well as ask them to pray for you.  There is nothing wrong with admitting you need a little help sometimes.  Who knows maybe God will answer your little prayer in a big way

Comments

dblacketor said…
Proud of u Ms Olivia. See u in a few days!

Popular Posts