In appearances you see, there is nothing there for me.
There is something He wants me to say,
something that needs to come out.
I know I keep running away,
too crippled by my doubt.
Did you see the moon this morning?
Did you hear the birds' new song above?
Could you smell the flowers budding?
Could you touch the ones you love?
Did you recognize my face?
Could you see in them my grace?
Child come and listen to my Truth.
Open your eyes and find my proof.
In appearances you see,
there is nothing there for me.
It is the heart I'm after.
Come follow me, the grafter.
There is no need to scoff.
Do not be broken off.
My Spirit intercedes,
praying for what you need.
When you let your control go,
my providence will flow.
So look up and see,
the gift that is me.
Do not regress.
With your mouth confess.
Believe in your heart.
Let's make a new start.
Be justified, let go of your pride.
For,
in appearances you see,
there is nothing there for me.
It is the heart I'm after.
Come follow me, the grafter.
I provide what you need,
and I want you to slow your speed.
Did you see the moon this morning?
Did you hear the birds' new song above?
Could you smell the flowers budding?
Could you touch the ones you love?
Stop and recognize my face
Let me surround you with my grace.
Child come and listen to my Truth.
Open your eyes and see my proof.
In appearances you see,
there is nothing there for me.
It is the heart I'm after
come follow me, the grafter.
"The Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king.”
But Samuel said, “How can I go? If Saul hears about it, he will kill me.”
The Lord said, “Take a heifer with you and say, ‘I have come to sacrifice to the Lord.’ Invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what to do. You are to anoint for me the one I indicate.”
Samuel did what the Lord said. When he arrived at Bethlehem, the elders of the town trembled when they met him. They asked, “Do you come in peace?”
Samuel replied, “Yes, in peace; I have come to sacrifice to the Lord. Consecrate yourselves and come to the sacrifice with me.” Then he consecrated Jesse and his sons and invited them to the sacrifice.
When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, “Surely the Lord’s anointed stands here before the Lord.”
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'"
1 Samuel 16:1-7
No matter what He will see you through.
Even if the way seems impossible, he will provide.
Will you slow down and listen?
Will you look up and see?
Will you let go?
Be vulnerably His, and watch the miracles flow.









Comments