Learning to be thankful in every season

There are more things I can count for this year to be thankful for.
So many blessings, through so many failures, bad days, and troubles.

By the world's standards, I am a failure.
Thanks to the God I trust in, none of my mistakes matter.

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."
-Romans 5:1

It amazes me His faithfulness, grace, joy, patience, and love.
This year has been rough..
I have failed in
school,
patience,
friendships,
peace,
relationships,
self-control,
cooking,
trust,
and so many other things.

But He has always caught me right when I needed to be. 
Protected me from things I could not protect myself from.  Opened my eyes, and set my heart on fire for things I never knew I enjoyed so much.  Humbled and forgiven me and helped me understand how to forgive and understand others.  Calmed me when I was questioning everything and taught me how to include Him in everything even when it seemed silly.  He is continuing to teach me patience and trust as I wait for Him to open doors and close others.  He has given me angels for friends.  He has answered so many prayers.  He has shown me the beauty in new life...
I am in awe.

Here is a few photos that remind me to be thankful for life.
To remember even when I feel like a failure and alone,
He has already won.
And he is Emmanuel.
God with us.
 
 

 
 

 

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.
Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation, and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass he will pass away. For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits."
-James 1:2-11

Comments

Thanks Olivia for sharing your heart and your faith!
Mom

Popular Posts