What will you decide...

"The Lord said to me, “Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adulteress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes."
-Hosea 3:1

I am thankful...
That I have a God who loves to chase me..
Because often I grow tired..

allowing the world to way down on my shoulders..
 to darken my days with sorrow, loneliness, and feeling inept.
Praise Him for allowing me to see the Son shining through the rain..
reminding me He loves me.
“But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
    or the birds of the air, and they will tell you;
 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
    or let the fish of the sea inform you. 
 Which of all these does not know
    that the hand of the Lord has done this?  
 In his hand is the life of every creature
    and the breath of all mankind.
He has a plan for me, and that He will never leave me."
-Job 12:7-10 

Do not let low moments drag you away from God.

We all have days when
we do not feel "good enough,"
like He does not care.

"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.  For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.  But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. 
-Luke 12:27-31

I have allowed my fear of the world's opinion to override my fear of Him.
His opinion is the only what that should matter,
and He does care.

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
“I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God."
-Luke 12:6-8
And if you ask Him to,
He will show you.

"'Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.'
It is your choice."
-Deut 31:6

What will you decide with the free will He has given you.
"All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
-Luke 14:25-27

Comments

Mom said…
Olivia, This is just what I needed to read this morning, thank you for allowing God to work through you!
Mom
Sara Seeland said…
Olivia, recently I've been feeling everything you just expressed! I was actually just reading the Job passage today and I was so encouraged by it! Crazy that we're both experiencing similar things separately and God led us to the same passage for encouragement! He is so good, Olivia! So excited for all the ways in which He is molding and shaping you into a beautiful woman after His own heart. Can't wait to grow and encourage and challenge each other this semester! Love you, friend! Btw this is Sara :)

Popular Posts