Berry Berry Kix, a flashback.
Wow, It has been forever since I have written on here. Today seems like a good day to start it back up. It is a day of reflection, starting my morning off with Berry Berry Kix, a cereal I always ate at Grandma's growing up, brings me back to sitting at her kitchen table while looking out into the field for only a few seconds between each slurp of Kix, that are drowning in way to much milk. Then head outside to ride grandma's big blue bike up and down the street ‘til lunch time. It is funny how a simple breakfast food can take you back to good times. This morning, eating my cereal, I felt a writing day coming on. Never having been the best writer, I have put writing a new post off for such a long time. When I was blog stumbling the other day and came across this, my old blog, and decided a new post was in due order, especially after reading my last blog...reminding me ever more that God is a comedian. :)
So let's start with an update of where I am at currently: attending Hillsdale College aka Middle of Nowhere Southern Michigan. And by Middle...I mean literally the middle of Michigan, and Nowhere....NO WHERE. :) Currently Majoring in....Chemistry. With hopes of becoming a Doctor....hahaha this is where I laugh because at the blog below Doctor was NOWHERE in my mind....so I guess in No Where you find what was not there.. :)
I remember that month, praying to God to reveal where and what He wanted to do with my life.. stumbling across scriptures like Mark 1:32-2:12..and then with frustration at the thought of being in medicine like my mother jumping ahead only to find Luke 8:26-56. So maybe not those exact scriptures but something along those lines. I told my mother, "God better be joking right now, because if he wants me in the medical field he has another thing coming."
I guess he had another thing coming.. :)I wonder if it came yet?
What does that even mean? "another thing coming?" I do not really know.
After high school I attended the University of Central Florida because as my control freak nature desired I would not listen to God and followed MY PLAN. Thinking Mechanical Engineering or Event Management would make me fulfilled...so that I could control something, like cars or events :) ha. Thank God, He sent me there. He broke me in the best way possible, stripped me of my stability and reminded me HE CONTROLS all, and when I have control things never go correctly. He taught me patience, forgiveness, humbleness, steadfastness, and more about Him. He stripped me and made me new.
The more I relied on Him the greater I realized I needed to leave Florida and pursue the medical field..in missions.
Always loving Hillsdale College, where my brother Schuyler went and played football, I decided to apply. A series of events occurred and made my decision to attend Hillsdale easier.
Here I am now, a sophomore in college, majoring in Chemistry, with hopes of being a M.D. (maybe a D.O. or whatever God wants ;) ). Ultimately, I want to do missions with it, whether full-time or part-time, or in the states or abroad, I'm still waiting to hear from the Big Guy on that one.
Maybe this summer He will reveal more of my future to me as I embark on an adventure with the blessing of a friend Dina( in the picture to the right), who also shares the same passion as me for helping people through medicine. We are going to India for the month of July and plan on working with doctor in the mornings..our afternoons will be spend either at a hospital or with female orphans. I can not express my excitement and disbelief that God is allowing one of my dreams to come true. Not only do I get to spread His word to those who long to hear it, but I get to use the gifts he has blessed me with in order to do it.
The me then and the me now are two completely different people. God has changed and is changing me daily. The desire for control is almost entirely gone...getting me to make a decision has become the new norm :) I like looking through my planner and seeing in my notes things like "Find sinful Nature & Change {have Christ Change} it." with Change crossed out.
Or "do not Judge see your flaws and change (then an arrow point to) no have God change you for we can NOT change ourselves. Before Florida I would have never been able to say that.
Thank God for breaking me, Thank God for reminding me He is in control.
Thank God for not letting me be content even now.
Thank God for Christ.
Thank God for Christ.
Just a Few Memories From High School to now.
:)
Schuy and Christine's Wedding
My Graduation 2009
Red Cross Lake Fishing Trip in Canada With Dad
Mom and Dad saying goodbye as they leave me in Florida
UCF football game with Kels and Danwith Nicholas, Mott, Bundy, and Timothy
4th of July 2010 withMike Katie Andi Sara
Tori, Rick, Bec, Twink, Grab
Meg and I at Jared's
pre-season game in Chicago
1st Hillsdale Football game
with
Hales, Meg, Sara, Katie, Sid






Comments