Content

Oh, things have been going well. I've been staying on track and I'm proud of myself. Isn't it funny how right after you pray for God to help you in an area you are almost immediately tested. I like it that way because I can just got over the hard part of saying no, while its still close on my mind that I don't want to do it.

This Sunday was a fun one. I feel kinda bad for Carole though, having to ride the whole way home with me going on and on about what I'm upset with about people today. I love those days the ones where you're in deep thought and you really analyze life. On our way home I kept saying "I'm crazy, and I love it." Carole just laughed at me the way she always does.

Here's what I realized. People of my generation say, "I love you" way more than they should and throw it out there like it's nothing. You don't love someone just because they are always on your mind or you like being around them. That's lust which is often confused for love with many people. The things you're willing to sacrifice for them shows how you love. When you truly put that person before yourself in every aspect of life and realize they are precious is when you understand love. Or..that's what I believe.. I could be quite wrong. I'm just tired of hearing every middle school couple saying "I love you" when in two weeks they'll hate each other. Just because they're your "girlfriend" or your "boyfriend" doesn't mean you have to say "I love you." That just makes it more confusing when you're older and you really do love someone how are they going to know it's any different from when you told the last person?

Second thing I realized is we are putting ourselves into surface relationships way to easily. I hate when I ask someone how they are and i'll i get is a fine, or okay. When I ask you how you are, I want a story about how things are going and why they are going that way. It's become cultural to ask "What's up" and the response automatically be "Nothing." People act like they want to know you but when you try and tell them how you're really feeling they start to back away. People these days especially kids are so used to no one really asking how they are that when someone does it's almost like a shock to them and they don't know how to answer. How often have you asked one of your close friends how they are really doing. You might be suprised with the answer you get. Kids these days are so good at hiding how they really feel inside.

well I'm off...
love
Olivia

Comments

Popular Posts